Friday, December 21, 2012

This week's workouts

I am back in the game after some bad foot pain, possibly tied to a back injury from last year, as well as my trip to AZ.

I have been thinking about how I can change things up in order to drop some more LBS. I have not heard what the finale from the bootcamp is, but I know I dropped 5 lbs and inches. I am very happy with that, but need to do more. So, I realized that for several years I've been running the same 3 miles on the treadmill and then lifting weights. Lifting is important, as it will help you build muscle and shrink more, but my body is clearly in a plateau that has been caused by the same routine. Sure, I switch up what I do for weights, but it needs to be more.

This week, I ran 3.5 miles, and 3.2 miles respectivly. One problem I have is that at 3 miles on the treadmill, I hit a wall. I am working to get past that and tomorrow plan on running 4 miles.

While I am on a break from bootcamp, I am doing a lot of HIIT training, or High Intensitity Interval Training, and body weight stuff, giving myself a little break from the heavy weights.

Here are 2 workouts I stumbled across that I am going to do again this weekend, one on Saturday and 1 on Sunday along with an attempted 4 mile tredmill run both days.

This is a lower body workout that is a killer.

100 jumping jacks (I broke it up into 50 2x as my foot was hurting)
walking lunges, hands behind head deep lunges. I did 14 1 way and 14 the other way
10 jump lunges
side lunges, 20 total
20 mountain climbers
**repeat 2 times**
15 ballet lunges
15 calf raises; toes forward
15 calf raises heels together
15 calf raises toes together
15 prisoner squats
calf raise series
curtsey lunges
calf raise series
** repeat 2 times**

Throw in a little ab work
Side plank, 30 seconds per side
front plank 1 min
star fish for 30

The other one is a full body workout that is HARD. I am still feeling pain in my lats from this.

10 1-legged squats per side. Hold onto a body bar or pole or something. Squat as low as possible
20 body weight squats
20 walking lunges
20 plyo step jumps
10 pull ups- NOT on the assist pull up machine.
10 dips, NOT with the assist
10 chin ups NOT with the assist
10 pushups
30 second plank

O.M.G! My goal is to perfect pullups, chin ups and dips. I did the 10 dips but they were weak and tiny.

Ok, that's all I have for now. I hope to get my trip to Arizona done soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment