Monday, January 14, 2013

Well, I was on track.

Here's the problem with starting the new year off fresh and getting my 5 days a week workouts in: THE FLU HITS. and not me. but my son. So, I am home taking care of him. Brett is working. I can't escape to the gym for my normal workouts, but I am also not the one who is sick. So I sit around and snack. And tomorrow is my weigh in for bootcamp. I'd wanted to be down about 5 more lbs from where we left off and now I doubt that's happened.

And to make matters worse, it's been about the shittiest of shitty weekends. Will is sick, but that's not the worst of it. The worst is they put him on Tamiflu and he reacted terribly to it. Yesterday he was 95% improved, no symptoms in over 24 hours. So I call the useless nurse advisor line and ask if I can stop this as it's making him worse when he is clearly better. She got all high and mighty with me, talking me in circles about having it flavored so the taste won't bother him. OK THAT IS NOT MY QUESTION OR PROBLEM! He took it down, the problem is his body totally rejected it and he'd throw it back up. So he wasn't getting any of the benefits anyway. This woman had me on the phone for 35 minutes and then her advice was a hostile, well you just have to do what you're most comfortable with. I said, well I don't know what that is. That's why I am calling you for answers. She launched into this speech about the taste again. OK, I am not talking about the taste! I finally just said, I am hanging up with you now. I am calling my mom who is a nurse and she can probably give me more logical advice. Thank you. Nightmare 1.

Nightmare 2. The water heater decided to end its life and flood the basement on Sat. Not terribly, but enough that it was annoying. So, Brett went to Sears (put on your Sunday best, kids. We're going to Sears!) and got us a new one. Under the guarentee it would be here, installed today. Yeah. That guarentee fell through because whoever they contracted it out to had a death in the family and can't do it until tomorrow. So then it becomes OUR responsibility to call and find someone?? what shit is that!!! Anywho.... I was able to deal. Until this morning....

Nightmare 3: Mind you we have not had any hot water since Saturday night. The vomiting has stopped and that laundry was all done. Then this morning, I was carrying my contacts to the bathroom downstairs that has running (even if its cold) water, and I could brush my teeth and put my eyes on. Yeah. I fell down the entire flight of stairs. My tailbone and my head hurt so badly right now, all I want to do is crawl back into bed and cry. Or take a nice hot bath and let calgon take me away. BUT I can't even take a normal shower! Oh no. It's a whores bath in the sink today. SEXY!

So, I am really hoping I can get a workout in this evening and not be as huge as I feel for tomorrow's weigh in.

That's my sob story for the weekend.

**** AND NOW I CAN'T UPLOAD PICTURES. IF ITS NOT ONE THING ITS ANOTHER***

No comments:

Post a Comment