Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Make New Friends and Keep The Old

I have lived in my town for almost 9 years now. And until recently I never knew a soul in my neighborhood. I've longed for neighbors where our kids are friends and they can run around the hood together. I've longed to have a neigbor I can call a friend. I've longed for this for so many years. And now, it's happening!

Will started Kindergarten last year. I was very fortunate to meet a few moms, and even more fortunate to be able to now call them my friends. Over the summer, it was nice. Will played baseball and his team were all kids from his school. So, I got to meet more parents. Some were wonderful, some I could really do without :) But as time has gone on and he's doing more I am meeting more people and developing my own friendships.

Last weekend we went on a camping trip with the Boy Scouts. It was the perfect time for me to get to know, not only our den better, but the parents as well. I could not have left feeling better about that trip. I feel a great sense of community and belonging. I feel like I finally know my neighbors and really like them. We are creating our life here in our town and I am slowly losing the urge to move back home where my childhood is, and my best friend lives. Jessie, don't think this means I am not looking for a way for us to still live next door to each other :) It will happen. Before we are roommates in Shady Pines :)

Here are some pictures from our awesome camp out.

                                          Here is all of our pack that made the trip.
                                                    Our bunks for the weekend
                                                               Our Den
                                                  This is from a trip to the fire station
                                                  Oh sneeky picture. Totally not post related.
                                                    Will and Danny getting firewood.

No comments:

Post a Comment