Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Tuesday's workout

I have started running outside again a couple of times a week. On Tuesdays, I am in a 1 hour VERY intense boot camp. In the past, I would run for a half an hour right before. This time I decided that due to time constraints, and wanting to have good energy for the class, I would do my runs outside on my lunch break.

Yesterday, I got ready. I hemmed and hawed if I should run or take my dog for a walk instead Finally, I just stuck my ear buds in and started my music and went for it. I ran an oldie, but goodie route through the neighborhood that is right around 3 miles. It was a very gloomy day, but I thought to myself, I just HAVE to do this run. I need to push through and over come odds that have held me back in the past. Like, I would NEVER run in the elements in the past. I needed sun and decent temps. Enough of that. I want to run outside, so I am going to. I wasn't quite half way through the run when the sky opened up and it started to pour. AHHHHHH. Well, what did that mean for me? Those spots when I'd normally walk for a minute, I pushed through and ran. Probably faster than I normally would have too!

Then, at 5:30 I was at my bootcamp. Honestly, this guy pushes us to the max and beyond. One thing I've done in this class a couple times already, and previously with my old trainer was an exercise with a heavy rope where you try to make it ripple. I don't know how else to explain it, and the first time I saw this exercise was when Kim Kardashian graced the cover of Muscle and Fitness Hers. Not that I find anyone who has a workout DVD called Get Into Those Jeans By Friday (and her picture on the back is workout gear with knee high boots???) a fitness expert, but this workout looked brutal. AND IT IS!

Check it out here: http://bcove.me/2q0lt8ti

I am really feeling the burn today. On top of that I whapped my ankle on my desk yesterday and it's nicely bruised. AHHHH. I am not giving up though. I am going to walk the pooch at lunch and then head over to the gym for the next 2 days right after work. My goal is to get 5 days of exercise in. So far, I am on track for that.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment